2027: Age Cannot Disqualify Atiku From Running For President – Dele Momodu

J

Justina Otio

Don't Be A Dictator, Allow Citizens To Protest - Momodu To Tinubu

A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Dele Momodu has said that only God and destiny will determine erstwhile vice president, Atiku Abubakar’s fate in the 2027 election.​

Naija News reports that Atiku has unsuccessfully run for president six times.

He ran in the Social Democratic Party presidential primaries in 1993 but lost to Moshood Abiola and Baba Gana Kingibe.

There are also concerns that the 77-year-old is seeking to contest again in 2027 under the PDP.

However, speaking during an appearance on Channels Television Politics Today, Momodu argued that age should not limit a person’s ability to occupy a political office.

He opined that those who are younger have not made much impact in governance.

He wondered why people were afraid of Atiku running for president again.

What has been the impact of these younger people who said they have been in politics? Go and check their states, what have they done for the amount of money made available to them?

“Age cannot be an automatic qualification or disqualification in politics. Who would have expected a Joe Biden to come after Obama? It is up to God and destiny. I am a child of destiny and that is why I have contentment

“If Alhaji Atiku decides to run, good luck to him. If he doesn’t want to run, no problem. Ut for anybody to muzzle him, why are they afraid of him?”
he questioned.

When asked if Atiku would pose a threat to President Bola Tinubu’s re-election bid in 2027, the PDP chieftain did not categorically reply.

Rather he said, “I am sure they believe so. I know those who believe he is the only one right now. He will be a threat if he is able to galvanise a major political party.”

The post 2027: Age Cannot Disqualify Atiku From Running For President – Dele Momodu appeared first on Naija News.

Back