Politicians Are Unconcerned About Masses – Orji Kalu Opens Up On Fight With Obasanjo

R

Rachel Okporu Fadoju

kalu and obasanjo

Abia North Senator, Orji Uzor Kalu, has stated that Nigerian politicians are unconcerned about what will benefit the masses.​

Naija News reports that Kalu made this known on Channels Television’s Politics Today while speaking about his fight with former president, Olusegun Obasanjo.

The Senator said Obasanjo had thought he was after him following his recommendation for a six-year term for President and Governors.

Kalu maintained that for most Nigerian politicians, their reelection matters to them and nothing else.

He stated that politicians use the first four years to make money for their reelection, insisting they always look forward to the next election and not thinking of what the masses will get.

He said, “I called for a six-year one term, remember? And President Obasanjo said I was after him. That was part of the beginning of our quarrel.

“I called for a 6-year one term because of the cost of going to reelections. Because of the cost of managing our economy. Because when you bring in a governor or a president, their eyes are on reflection.

“They’re not even thinking about what the people will get. Every politician, they’re looking for reelection. So the only way to solve this problem, not be insensitive to anybody, is to do a six-year one term.

“It would go a long way because most of the people think they want to make money for reelection. Most politicians are always looking forward to the next election.”

The post Politicians Are Unconcerned About Masses – Orji Kalu Opens Up On Fight With Obasanjo appeared first on Naija News.

Back