She Was Everything A Man Wished For In A Virtuous Woman — Gov Eno Breaks Silence On Wife’s Death

I

Ikenna Ngere

b_283542-300x211.jpg

Governor Umo Eno has broken his silence following the passing of his wife, Patience Umo-Eno, describing her as the embodiment of all the virtues a man could wish for in a wife.​

Nine days after the tragic loss of the Akwa Ibom First Lady, Governor Eno shared his deep sorrow and paid tribute to the woman he had been married to for 38 years.

In a heartfelt statement released on Friday, Governor Eno referred to his late wife as his prayer partner, counselor, and constant source of encouragement.

Her Excellency, Pastor (Mrs.) Patience (Oluwakemi) Umo Eno, was everything a man could ever wish for in a virtuous woman. My prayer partner, counsellor, cheer-leader, best critic, homemaker and permanently smiling. I will miss her for a lifetime,” Eno expressed.

The governor’s statement, titled “We Are Perplexed But Not in Despair,” drew on scripture from 2 Corinthians 4:8, reflecting the emotional toll of the sudden loss.

Governor Eno shared his gratitude for the overwhelming support and condolences that have poured in from across the country and beyond since the passing of the Akwa Ibom First Lady.

He extended his thanks to President Bola Tinubu and others who had reached out during this time of mourning.

The incredible outpouring of love, support, prayers and words of encouragement through phone calls and messages of condolence and visits since the unexpected sunset that befell us (Family) has really encouraged and strengthened us at this time,” Eno stated.

He particularly thanked Akwa Ibomites for a rare show of love and support across political divides, especially the youths “who again suspended their planned national protests in honour of my dear wife.”

Governor Eno further stated, “Let me particularly thank our dear people from all strata of life, who have risen in unison across party lines to commiserate with us, through prayers, condolences and phone calls, and even suspended campaign activities to honour our First Lady. We are deeply grateful.

“Let me assure all that we will pursue everything she held dear while she was with us. The Golden Initiative for All (GIFA) as well as all other initiatives she had started will be sustained and expanded.

“The machinery of State will continue to function seamlessly as Government will continue to be alive to her responsibilities. Our focus will not be shifted from rendering services to our people with renewed strength as this is what Kemi has always prayed for.

“Permit me to commend our security agencies for maintaining the peace during this solemn moment in our dear State and urge them to do more to maintain the peace, as we go into the Local Government Elections.

The governor acknowledged public respect for his family’s privacy in the journey through “this moment of great loss, grief and bereavement”, trusting the people to sustain same as “burial arrangements will be made public at the appropriate time as we will not mourn as those who have no hope in Christ Jesus
.”

The post She Was Everything A Man Wished For In A Virtuous Woman — Gov Eno Breaks Silence On Wife’s Death appeared first on Naija News.

Back